Monday, April 13, 2015

Proud Moment

Strange how that feeling sneaks up on you.  PROUD.  It just slides in and embraces you and that warm, fuzzy feeling overwhelms. It's like when your child is born.  Each book is like a child.

Why do I call it strange?  It isn't my first time.  No, I'm not a virgin to this fabulous, emotional moment.  I'll be honest.  I've had this feeling many times.  Okay, not THAT many times, but still, several and you'd think I'd be over it.

I'm not. Four books. Four sons. Eight grandchildren. Fifteen anthologies or co-authored.

I just released another book.  My fifth book and YES, book one of my hopefully three to get published this year has finally hit the presses and is now available at Amazon...

THE SECRET VOICE

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VW3BCA6/
Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/dp/161877154X


Above is the cover and I'm really excited about it.  I feel the photographer was able to catch the essence of my fictional character, Daniel, an Amish lad, perfectly. I'm hoping it will catch the reader's eye to make them pick the book up. A little tidbit about the photo - it was taken in Shipshewana, IN at the horse auction several years ago. The lad was deep in thought and the photographer snapped a perfect moment.


This is the back of the paper version.  Hopefully it will intrigue enough to get the reader to purchase the book.

I've released books of my own and been in several anthologies. I've had children and grandchildren. And yet, with each, the emotional embrace is unbelievable.  I love that moment.

Now, for a secret.  Later this week, I get to experience that feeling all over again.  How?  My youngest son's wife will be delivering twins on Thursday, if not before. Books and children!

So, go buy my latest book - you won't be sorry and await next week's blog when I brag about the new twins.

Until next I ramble on...



4 comments:

  1. Total congrats on the new book - so happy for you - so many wonderful things happening in your life right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover Bob! Looking forward to see what comes next for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearty congratulations on all your "children" and grandchildren, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Bob! May your lineage continue on and on and on... and that photo/cover is great!

    ReplyDelete